German immigrants to the Plum Coulee area first organized Emmanuel Baptist Church on July 26, 1896. A number of families moved to Morris and in 1907 a suitable place to meet for worship was purchased. By 1915, the church purchased a building that was subsequently moved to the present site. On July 26–28th, 1996, the church celebrated its 100th anniversary to the theme of “To God Be The Glory.”
The present church building was completed in 1954 with the help of many willing and able volunteers. The large addition consisting of classrooms and a fellowship hall/gym was added in 1984. This addition has proved to be beneficial in helping the church serve the community. Over the years floods have impacted the people of the church. Major floods happened in 1950 and 1970. In May of 1997 the “Flood of the Century” occurred. This resulted in the entire community being evacuated for three weeks. To date twenty-four senior pastors and seven youth pastors/workers have served Emmanuel Baptist. The first youth pastor was hired in 1979. The longest serving senior pastor to date is Rev. Del Bertsch, ministering for over eighteen years from 1988 – 2006.